THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, December 22, 2008

Monday Munchies

There is as much debate as to what constitutes the perfect potato salad as there is about what constitutes the perfect barbecue. But since this is my blog, I can declare the debate over! Obviously, my Arkansas mustard potato salad is the easiest, and most delicious potato salad possible. I have converted many a potato-salad-hater with this recipe; if you don't like potato salad, give this one a try.


Arkansas Mustard Potato Salad

5 lbs. potatoes, boiled and chopped
1 dozen eggs, boiled and chopped
1 lb. bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/4 c. sweet relish
1 c. mayonnaise
1/4 c. yellow mustard
2 T. ketchup
salt and pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients in a very big bowl.


Easy, huh? You can play with the amounts of condiments to get it the way you like it. (If you want more creamy, add more mayo. If you want more tangy, add more mustard. If it is too tangy for you, add more relish.)

Here's a tip for the done-ness of the potatoes: boil them until they are still a bit hard. Then turn off the stove and let them sit in the hot water a while longer; that way, they will cook a little more on their own without getting too mushy.

2 comments:

Kristy said...

Question--would this still be as fabulous without the eggs? I'm an egg hater, which is an issue I have with most potato salads. Just wondering. The bacon sure sounds tasty, though!

Emily said...

I'm sorry to say it won't be as fabulous. If it helps any, I also hate eggs, but I love them in this potato salad. You could certainly try it without eggs, and let us know how you liked it!